The Haitian clothing sector, employing more than 29,000 workers and accounting for 90 percent of the country's exports and about 10 percent of its GDP, just got lucky: the International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, announced last week that it decided to invest 4 million […]

REPORT Brunello Cucinelli, announcing its preliminary consolidated results for the first half of 2015 said that the group posted net revenues of 200.3 million euros (216.9 million dollars), an increase of 13.9 percent or 9.3 percent at constant exchange rates. North American market posted a rise of […]

REPORT Wolford closed the 2014/15 financial year from May 2014 to April 2015 with revenue rise of around 1 percent to 157.35 million euros (170.8 million dollars), supported by positive foreign exchange effects. In addition, the company recorded a profit for the first time after two loss-making years: […]

As confirmed by both parties, an agreement sealing the previously announced acquisition of 51 percent of the capital of Dirk Bikkemberg. The remaining 49 percent will be retained by its current owners, Zeis Excelsa and Sinv. "I chose to invest in Dirk Bikkembergs because I think it can become a global […]

ANALYSISAs broadly predicted, Burberry´s quarterly results have not been as strong as they once were, in part given the China's luxury market slowdown. The recent turmoil in China’s stock market is a symptom of the overheated growth that economy has seen in recent years, recalls IG senior analyst Chris […]

REPORT During the first half of 2015, sales at Carrefour were 42.3 billion euros (46 billion dollars), up 5 percent in total and up 2.9 percent on an organic basis. In the second quarter sales stood at 21.4 billion euros (23.3 billion dollars), up 4.2 percent in total and up 2.6 percent on an organic […]

Turkey's ready-to-wear garment sector whose main trade partner is the EU, lost 1.2 billion US dollars in export losses year-on-year in the first half of this year due to a weakening euro. T-shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts, socks, suits, blouses, men's shirts and pants remained the top export items. In […]

Re:Capital, the Canadian arm of British firm Hilco Capital, has acquired Tilley Endurables Inc., a hat and travel apparel company for an undisclosed sum and intends to invest in boosting the business. The premium apparel producer and retailer is well known for its hard-wearing sun hats. The retailer […]

RELATED NEWS

MORE NEWS

 

Latest jobs

 

MOST READ