These are the winners of the third edition of Isko I-Skool
Isko I-Skool, the fashion talent contest conceived by global denim specialist Isko and its own design division Creative Room, announced its winners on Friday, 15 June 2016, in Treviso near Venice, at Villa Corner della Regina. More than 50,000 students from all over the world were enlisted in this year’s third edition and participated in the contest. There were two main prizes to win: the Denim Isko I-Skool Design Award, dedicated to designers, and the Isko I-Skool Denim Marketing Award, dedicated to marketing professionals.
Students participating the Denim Design Award were asked to create denim outfits in one of the three style moods: Renovated Denim Icons, Athleisure and Jool. The students’ creations were evaluated by the Denim Design Award jury, whose president was François Girbaud (Founder and owner Marithé + François Girbaud). The overall winner of the Denim Design Award was Ester Rigato from IUAV University of Venice.
The Denim Marketing Award, tutored by the Italian communication agency Menabò Group, involved the following international schools: AMD (Düsseldorf, Germany), AMFI (Amsterdam, Netherlands), Milan Fashion Institute (Milan, Italy), Polimoda (Florence, Italy) and Sapienza (Rome, Italy). Students were asked to design a strategic marketing plan and its tactical actions in order to give value to and communicate the performance and the innovation of the product in the definition of the final denim brand. They could choose between the moods Jool and Athleisure, to create a continuous customer journey and a complete brand experience. The jury for the Denim Marketing Award consisted of Chantal Malingrey, director of Denim Première Vision. The winner of the Jool mood for the Denim Marketing Award was team led by Francesco Diomedi, Milano Fashion Institute. The winner of the Athleisure mood for the Denim Marketing Award was led by Travis A. Rice, AMFI.
Global Marketing Direct of Sanko/Isko Marco Lucietti spoke about the core of the project: “Far from cameras, near to the industry: this has been the spirit of Isko I-Skool since its first edition. Education is the core of our project: the aim is helping these young talents to grow, letting them experience the importance not only of creativity, but also of culture and industrialization. This edition of our fashion contest has been the most global ever. We are proud of our students, grateful to all partners and simply ready to start again.”
An overview of all the winners:
Overall winner of the Denim Design Award: Ester Rigato, IUAV
- Winner of the Renovated Denim Icons Award: Anna Biotti (IUAV), awarded by Replay
- Winner of the Athleisure Award: Joona Rautiainen, (Aalto), awarded by Mavi
- Winner of the Jool Award: Ester Rigato (IUAV University), awarded by Haikure
- Winner of the Avery Dennison RBIS Award: Farah Sherif Wali (Polimoda)
- Winner of the Swarovski Award: Ester Rigato (IUAV)
- Winner of the Vogue Talents Special Mention: Elena Trukhina (ESMOD, Munich)
- Winner of the Best U.S.A. Designer Award: Danielle Thaxton (FIDM), awarded by Ralph Lauren
- Winner of Special Prize: Yuka Yamada (BUNKA Fashion College)
- Winner of the Jool mood for the Denim Marketing Award: team led by Francesco Diomedi, Milano Fashion Institute
- Winner of the Athleisure mood for the Denim Marketing Award: team led by Travis A. Rice, AMFI