With recent and constant changes within the supply chain and shifting consumer demands, companies must focus and invest in the way they handle their technology. There are incredible types of emerging technologies created to help increase sustainability, optimize workflow organization, reduce costs, and provide traceability.
Here are 2023's advanced technology trends to help grow digital transformation and prepare you for the rest of the year.
- Stocks and discounts keep increasing and are a nightmare for all brands and retailers. Getting back to a sustainable level of merchandise stock, and producing what people want, when they want, is a key challenge for 2023.
- To fight the stock issues, we can be reactive in discounting, promoting holiday sales, or offering second life to products destined in landfills.
- Brands and retailers can be proactive, ensuring to produce what the consumers want that is not already over-stock. They can also price at what the consumer wants and not overly discount. AI Benchmarking solutions are one of the 2023 key trends, allowing the capability to monitor all competitors in real-time.
- Sustainability is a global issue, with the fashion world hugely affecting it. One truck-worth of garments is placed in landfills every second in the world! Consumers are aware of this ongoing travesty and are starting to adopt new ways of consuming fashion.
- In 2023, being able to go On Demand by nearshoring some production allows manufacturers to produce after consumers purchase, producing only items needed. Brands and retailers can manage the entire process from the initial order to the On Demand production.
- Being efficient from design to the final garment ensures 3D prototyping.
- Focus on material usage – use innovative and powerful cloud nesting capabilities to save up to 3% of fabric during the nesting process.
Collaboration in the manufacturing process is essential. It provides accurate data shared with the right people, avoiding costly mistakes. PLM, PIM, and board solutions are other key trends for 2023, getting rid of hundreds of spreadsheets and increasing efficiency and efficient collaboration while reducing the lead time. Integration from the marketplace to the CAD system using advanced technology allows users to automate all tasks to give more time to people to make the right decisions and create collections people will want.
Traceability is another key trend for 2023, improving sustainability in operations. A focus on traceability through the manufacturing process allows for an increase in productivity as well as transparency.
- Consumers are actively seeking traceability and transparency from brands and retailers.
- Advanced technology solutions such as PLM, CAD, and digital cutting allow companies to manage all activities across the product lifecycle, helping better monitor each and every step of the supply chain.
With more than 50 years of expertise in fashion, Lectra is the global partner you need to accelerate the digital transformation of your supply chain and create products that turn browsers into buyers, profitably and sustainably.